Rental Terms and Conditions
Half Moon Bay Marina 2016
Rental Terms and Conditions
1. Boaters MUST PROVIDE CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE TO THE MARINA PRIOR TO OCCUPYING THE SLIP.
2. Boat owners are liable for the repair or replacement of Marina facilities damaged by their boat whether the boat was under the control of the owner or not.
3. All boaters who will have their boat out of the harbor overnight are asked to inform Management of the period of vacancy. The Marina reserves the right to use the slip in question for transient dockage at any time the Management shows the boat to have been out for 24 hours.
4. No selling, advertising, or activities related to re-selling of boats by parties private or commercial is permitted within the Marina except by written consent of Management.
5. All vessels kept in the Marina must be seaworthy and capable of meeting all coast guard requirements for vessels of the type. The Marina reserves the right to remove any vessel not deemed seaworthy or hazardous to other boats, boaters or premises at the owner’s expense.
6. Slips are leased for the boating season listed in the leasing contract. Renewal of a slip for upcoming years is the decision of Marina Management. Slip selection is the decision of Marina Management, although all efforts will be made to accommodate the specific desires of individual boaters. Slip reassignment may occur at any time during the season.
7. No carpeting, painting, boxes or additional material of any kind may be installed or stored on docks. Only dock boxes leased and installed by the Marina are allowed. Non-Marina dock boxes, or anything else not provided/approved will be removed by Management. Only Marina approved stairs are allowed on dock.
8. Pets are to be exercised only in marked areas, and owners are expected to clean up after their pet. Dogs are to be leashed at all times within marina facilities.
9. A slip is leased to the owner(s) named on the leasing contact for the boat shown on the contract and it does not transfer with the sale of the boat.
10. No swimming in the Marina harbor.
11. No fishing from boats, Marina structures, or while underway within the Marina area.
12. Boaters are responsible for transporting their garbage and other refuse to the receptacles provided.
13. All boats shall be operated at “No Wake” speed within the Marina.
14. The period between 11:00 p.m. and 8 a.m. are designated quiet hours in the Marina. Boaters will refrain from entertaining or using radios, etc. above decks after 11:00 p.m. for the peace and comfort of all Marina tenants. During the day, entertainment and music must be kept at a reasonable level, at the sole discretion of Management, so as not to disturb other boaters.
15. Most Types of grilling are acceptable at the marina, please inform managment prior to grilling.
16. The only vessel to be in a slip is the vessel registered to the slip. Dinghies or other “fun boats” must be stored within the confines of the space leased or on the deck of the boat. They cannot be stored on the docks at any time. Any “fun boat” found in any unregistered slip will be seized and deemed Marina property.
17. Only service companies who have provided Certificate of Insurance to Marina Management may perform work on boats located in the Marina. Owners or their immediate families may perform normal in the water maintenance on their boat. A waiver of liability and vendor rules must also be signed by each service company. For a list of properly insured vendors, please contact Marina Management.
18. Waste oil is not permitted in Marina trash containers. Waste oil dumping facilities are located on the Marina property for your convenience. Please contact Marina staff during business hours for disposal guidelines.
19. Chartering for hire is prohibited except for those who have received written permission from Marina Management to operate a charter service from their slip.
20. Including but not limited to those commercial activities noted elsewhere in the rules, no commercial activity of any type is allowed within the Marina except with the written permission of Management.
21. Sometime in November, water lines will be shut off. These lines must be shut off before a freeze. Water lines will be turned on in the spring when weather permits.
22. Boats arriving before or staying later than the contract period must have written permission from Marina Management. A transient fee will be assessed.
23. Vessel length includes all additions such as bowsprits, swim platforms, anchors, etc. No part of the boat may extend beyond the length of the slip. Marina Management may measure vessels after occupancy. Boats deemed by Management to extend beyond acceptable slip limits will be reassigned to a proper size slip, with the boat owner being responsible for the difference in slip fees. At Management’s sole discretion, a boat with a larger length overall than the dock, may be assigned, in which case additional fees for overhang would apply.
24. No part of a boat may extend over the dock walkway. Marina Management reserves the right to move or retie any boat tied in a way deemed unacceptable by Management for Marina safety.
25. T-Dock rental is based on the boat length overall and determined by Management. The T-Dock slip fee is determined by total length overall of any vessel docked. This means any additional small boats will also be charged per foot for length overall. (60 foot minimum charge for T-Docks)
26. No rollerblading/skating, skateboarding, bicycling or motorcycling is permitted on piers or docks.
27. Sanding without using a vacuum sander is prohibited.
28. Spray painting on or near the water is strictly prohibited.
29. Boaters are required to use oil absorbent materials in their bilge areas.
30. Discharge of sewage in the Marina is strictly prohibited.
THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS CROTON ON HUDSON, HALF MOON BAY MARINA. ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE RULES AND REGULATIONS SHALL BE A DEFAULT TO SAID AGREEMENT.